Friday, November 24, 2006

Scenes from (former) home.

This is the view today from my friend Alona's apartment in Edmonton:



Here, in Toronto, it's 10 above, going to 15 degrees tomorrow.

I'll feel like an elephant in the womb.


less sticky though. the above image is from here. Neat, huh?


It's Friday again, but I don't have much to say. Maybe I'll let some music speak for me.


I've been thinking lots about my forthcoming top-10 (more like 17-20) of 2006. Some assured spots in the ranks will be held by Hot Chip, The Knife, Yo La Tengo and Converge...but there will be wee gems too.

One of which is The Golden Dogs.


I simply CANNOT get enough of their album "Big Eye Little Eye".(Click to buy!)

Have a wee listen to their gigantic slice of amazing, "1985". Thanks to I (heart) Music for the file host.

I'm also having trouble concealing my raging hard-on for the mighty mighty Hu Vibrational.

Buy/Listen at Souljazz.co.uk, yo!

They play what they call Boonghee Music, and they describe it like this:

Boonghee music is dance. The feeling of the dance
is how the butterfly desires the flower. A thousand crickets give the rhythm.
Birds and wind offer melodies of call and response. The dance is your
imagination. Your movements are freedom.


Check out this video of the band in studio.

That shit gives me chills. So amazing.

Y'know, I could always use some last-minute additions to the list. Has anyone heard anything so mind-blowingly awesome that it's skyrocketed to the top of their list this year? HUH? HUH?

Holla friends. Have a great weekend.

oh, PS: Since moving here, I've developed a new addiction: Aloe Juice.

I know, it sounds gross, but it's fucking amazing. Edmonton - I bet you could find this at T&T or Lucky 97. Seek. Consume. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home