Tuesday, October 10, 2006

2071.4

Door to door, it is 2071.4 km to Andriko's house, from my former home in Edmonton, to where I am now in Thunder Bay. He and his girlfriend Amy live in a beautiful 1950's split-level house that looks like it was furnished by an 80-year old woman. I think it probably was, at some point. It doesn't have a living room, it has a PARLOR. So rad. It's been nice to be able to travel long stretches, get out of the car and see a shining, smiling, FAMILIAR face. I have a feeling those are about to become a lot more few and far between.

The drive from Winnipeg was somewhat hellish. Too many trucks, AND...


the speed limit is 90 in Ontario. What the fuck?

Winnipeg was as lovely as I remember it. Warm people, nice conversation, a city truly stretching its pomo architechture legs. In fact, one of the last times I was there was a few years ago, with Andriko again, but in a different capacity. Time passes, I'm back in the new with a friendly slice of the old.

Today, we truck FAR. At least as far as Sault Ste. Marie, maybe all the way to Sudbury. Ontario is a really nice surprise. Billions of beautiful lakes. Lots of seriously hillarious signage.(I looked online for an example, came up empty.)

I think I'm gonna like it here.






Namaste,
friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger sharky said...

man.. why do people move out east and or west.. why wont anyone move to saskatoon?



ps. edmonton misses you. a lot

October 10, 2006 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me very happy last night.
that sounds dirty but it isn't.
when you said that my being here made it easier to come here, it meant alot to me.
Love you dude.

October 15, 2006 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home