Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NYC Day 1.5

My good friend Greg really has a thing against 'car culture'. New York/Jersey would drive him fucking crazy.

The honking never stops. Ever. 24 hours a day. Everywhere. Cars, everywhere. Sidewalks, limited. I haven't been to a major US city since I went to LA in 2003, so excuse the wee bit of culture shock. New York is pretty damn rad, I must say - people are interesting, buildings are massive, the advertising is overwhelming, and I'm feeling like this place is exactly what I expected it to be - no big surprises yet.

Perhaps they are yet to come. I was hoping to get into the city early this morning to do some exploring, but group inertia has me grounded in the hotel in North Bergen, NJ waiting for los S04 to get off zee hineys and get a move on. I'm loving being here, feeling like I'm on tour again, even if it's in the same city. I like tour vans. I like loading gear. I like feeling like a part of something...happening.

I don't have much time, so I'm hoping to hear from some of you about your favorite places in en y cee - holla, yes?

More to come tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger frenchy said...

i went to nyc once with devon, but it was ages ago and we were underage so i have no recommendations. but yeah, it was pretty overwhelming and yet totally as expected.

we stayed in this hostel in 'spanish harlem' and walked around and were amazed to see that people really sat on their stoops outside in the blazing heat drinking and talking shit. it was kind of amazing. have a great time!

November 03, 2006 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home