Tuesday, October 17, 2006

todos es buenos

7 things I'm loving right now, in no real order:


7. The new fall mix from Arveen, an electro/tech DJ from Dublin who randomly drops little bombs of awesome.

Graffe Giraph gets all the credit.



6. My cat, Reese. OUR cat, I should say. She's feisty and stubborn and always hungry...which kinda reminds me of me. Despite almost killing us on the way to Toronto, I'm totally crushed out on the wee thing. I like the idea of caring for something whose entire survival depends on me.



5. The new LCD Soundsystem song, 45:33. It's...really long. 45:33, to be exact. It's only on iTunes. I bought it. Buy it. (Link can be sound on the Myspace. Click above.) It's worth it. I walked home almost in a trance, lost in Ohio Players-style horns, drenched in disco and droney electro warbles. I know, it was commissioned by Nike, but it's a solid piece of art. James Murphy rules, end of story.


4. My new hood. St. Clair Avenue. The old little Italy. The drunk old men. The funny fat ladies who own food stands. The shouts and chants of the teenage boys playing soccer that I can see from my sun room. Louie, the guy who bought an old dress shop and turned it into a cafe, just because he really likes coffee. It's great here.



3. My iPod. Being in Toronto when you don't know anyone means you spend a lot of time alone. My little rectangular black friend never fails to keep me company on the subway, rainy street or cafe window.



2. My new place. It looks SO much different than it does right there; we've painted our bedroom, got things organized...mostly. I like having a quiet little office/sunroom to work in, a big-ish kitchen to cook in, and family around. That's one of the best parts. My mom's coming to visit this weekend. So is the Sis. radtastic.



1. See above. I let myself forget, too often, that love takes work. Here's to patience, on both sides.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"Louie, the guy who bought an old dress shop and turned it into a cafe, just because he really likes coffee."

^ That is awesome.

Sounds like you're doing well. Glad to hear it!

October 18, 2006 7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and those seven reasons are seven more i didn't need to know in order to like you. but maybe i like you even MORE now. whoa. ; )
22 sleeps.

October 18, 2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger frenchy said...

having a cat is awesome. i have recently become a cat mom again and i can't get enough. anyway, hi you! glad things are good. xo.

October 19, 2006 5:51 PM  
Blogger miss vanilli said...

Things look charming where you are. Eli, you will have friends galore in no time, I'm sure.

XO and send greetings to Leah as well!

October 19, 2006 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home