Friday, November 03, 2006

violent playground - NYC pt. 2/3

Ok I'm back...but I started a blog, which I'm gonna finish sooner or later, with pics. Here's where I left off last Friay:


NYC day 3. Whoah.

The recap: I'm in New York for CMJ with Shout Out Out Out Out, who are playing a bunch o'showcases and parties. It's been hellamadfun. We walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and then walked some more. The day was long, but fun. We went to see Holy Fuck with Beans, and then capped the night off at Webster Hall where The Knife were making their 2-show North American debut. It was, in short, fucking stunning. I'll be posting pics when I get back to T.dizzo. Try this one on for now:


I'm learning, as Johnny has pointed out, that CMJ is basically a networking orgy. Today was just that. Lunch with a publicist. Beers with our US distributor. Hobnobbin' and the like.

But it's adding up to radness. People are eating it up. The band is, in short, the talk of the fest. Which is rad. Again, it feels amazing and indescribable to be part of a growing project that is not only earning accolades, but has such potential for MORE MORE MORE. JR and I were talking about being the 'support staff'; I like that. A lot.

Who else did I get to see?

Oh yeah, HOT CHIP. Wanna know more? Hit it. It was a deadly show...I was pretty impressed by Gang Gang Dance - they sounded like an East Indian Tortoise or something of the like. I was also blown away by the mid-song cover of New Order's "Temptation" that the HC dropped halfway through "No Fit State"...I almost shed a tear. Just one, though.

We went from there to this REALLY NICE CLUB called The Hiro Ballroom. Check this shit out:


There's where we saw MSTRKRFT (yawn), DIGITALISM (audio orgasm), Mr. Juan Maclean (dancedancedance!) and Lazaro Casanova. Save for MSTRKFTDNNR (or MSTRKRFTTHTR as Snarfy and I started to call them), the show was off the chain. I really like their record, but live, it's just too hard, too much the same, too...boring.

After getting back to the hotel at 6 in the fuckin' morning ($75 cab ride later, ouch), we hit the sack.

---
and then it was Friday. Back to where this blog began. The weekend was a blast too, but I don't wanna get into that yet. I want to post pics from the whole week, so take whatcha got here and HOLLA, DAMMIT.

xo, friends. x frickin o.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds dope!

November 07, 2006 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home