Thursday, April 26, 2007

Just a band.

This is amazing.


I found it buried in the Lefsetz letter this week, which, if you are in the music industry and DON'T read, yr missing out. The dude is fearless. Apparently so is Dan Le Sac & Scroobius Pip...what a brilliant bit of slam-dunk electrorap. I love it.

I'm also loving Feist in a huge way this week - the new album drops next Tuesday - don't wait for the hype to catch up with you. BUY IT May 1. I really do predict enormous things for her in the coming years - her voice has this timeless quality to me that evokes Joni Mitchell and Natalie Merchant and many other classic female vocalists that pretty much own. If this record takes off like it should, watch out.

I don't have much to report, unfortunately. I've been broke, but the weather's nice and I went skateboarding TONS last weekend. Leah led the way on two wheels through the windy, just hilly enough streets of Forest Hill, the neighborhood adjacent to ours. Needless to say...it's different there.



$12M homes. No shit.

Toronto has felt like a different place lately. I'm not sure if it's new route to work that plants me in the middle of two million commuters in an endless rush to stand, board, shuffle, run, stop, wait, stumble, run, and walk...or that the sun has shone more days in the last week than it has in the last month. People seem more alive these days, like the city is getting its color back, like the yellow daffodils that appeared overnight in my front yard, or how the last leg of my trip to work is smelling fresher and fresher every day. Last weekend it hit above 20 degrees both days and we had some friends in from out of town, and took advantage of the massive field behind out house for some serious Aerobie sessions.


Yes, my "thrilling game of catch" was totally "super".

I'm looking forward to my weekend...are you? I hope it's great, whatever you do!

2 Comments:

Blogger andriko.l said...

Wicked, that video was so right on it hurts.

Thou shalt always KILL!

a

April 27, 2007 2:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the frisbee session was so much fun. especially when landon was on the kill.

May 07, 2007 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home