Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Silent majority for peace

Despite their (and my own) best intentions, The Decemberists have finally won me over.



The last 3 minutes completely fucking rule.

I am beat the hell down. Remember the crazy weekend I told you about? Yeah, it was crazy, as expected. Tiga kicked my ass to the curb, SO4 brought the Edmo Repra to the kids here, and I forgot to mention that I got to see TV On The Radio on Sunday as well...they were somewhat underwhelming, if not a tad boring. Despite excellent musicianship, their presence didn't quite fit the Kool Haus vibe, and it came off as a little forced and exhausted. I forgot that Subtle opened, and I missed all but one of their songs - can't say I'm a fan of this project, though I *love* Dose One's early Anticon stuff, but the label too kinda took a dive when the opted for all the psychy-folkhop bizzarity like Themselves & Why?...it was never bad, just kinda...wack, as the kids say.

What's NOT wack is my man Rollie getting signed to a different Cali imprint all together, Anti. Check his new vid...Shout Out t-shirt, Rampage references...I'm loving it. Edmo Repra indeed.


I have a feeling that my unemployment situation is winding to a close, and thank god. I never knew boredom could be so paralysing. Things are finally, slowly, but surely, falling into place. I think the new few years of my life might be the best yet, if I keep my shit together and work hard at life. I hope I'm good at it.

Leah, in her infinite wisdom and awesomehood, sent me this tonight. How poignant.

Click image to zoom


I wanna hear how YOU'RE ALL DOING. COMMENTS, NOW!

ciao, friends.

ps: Two movies to see before you die - The US Vs. John Lennon, one of the best documentaries I've perhaps ever seen, and the new David Fincher film Zodiac. The latter is a complete kick to the gut, but the slow and painful kind which drags your emotions and fears in every direction. Brilliant suspense, perfect(?) ending...anyone else seen either of these?

4 Comments:

Blogger myhybridself said...

Zodiac rrrulz. Agreed. Thinking of you as the snow melts. -Devon-

March 07, 2007 11:46 AM  
Blogger Greg Saint said...

I saw the Cadence vid on much music the other day.

March 07, 2007 1:33 PM  
Blogger frenchy said...

oh man, the decemberists are so rad. and that video is ridiculous but also sort of amazing. i like the c.w. one too.

anyway, things are alright, thanks for asking. xo.

ps - i hope these movies look better than long snake moan, which seems sketchy as all hell.

March 08, 2007 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eli! Ok, so a blogger-stalker, I am not. But I have been reading both you and Leah's entries regularly, so I feel up-to-date on you guys. You have totally reminded me to see both those movies! Fingers crossed about your job...

xoLisa

March 09, 2007 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home