Thursday, March 01, 2007

Do they speak english in what?




I read an interview with Samuel L. Jackson recently, and he said he makes movies, "cause (he's) got bills. And when they need to get paid, (he) goes to work". I love the nonchalance.


I wanna see it. The trailer makes me wonder if it's going to raise questions about misogyny in film. Have you ever seen In The Company of Men? Now that's a movie that hates. It's even in the top ten most misogynist movies ever...the time people take to make lists. sigh.

------



120 Days are a band I srsly cannot get enough of these days, and lucky for me they're playing this Saturday w/The Two Koreas and ma boyyees in Tha Shoutset.

It was so good to see some familiar faces when they came out last night to see TTC with me. No, the french rap group, not the transit system.


yeah, those guys. The show was IIILLLLL. The raps were guttural and mean-sounding, throaty and demanding - heavy booty beats spliced with deep bmore breakdown carried it along. Their DJ played out afterwards, and dropped insane 90s shit like Ace of Base, Technotronic (further proof that everything old becomes new again.) and that DJ Funk Remix of Justice that I love so much.

Chillin' tonight.
Tiga tomorrow.
Shoutset on Saturday.

I'm loving my Toronto life. Things keep coming up Eli.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home