Wednesday, March 14, 2007

the employment diaries: day 3

I know it's been a while. Things have been crazy, it's true. Unfortunately, this is going to be brief for now.


Thanks to BlogTO for the pic

I last time I left you was just over a week ago...since that time I've been working. YES, WORKING. Last weekend I was acting as the stage manager for Lee's Palace, during CMW. 21 bands in 3 nights. It was fucking exhausting to say the least. What kept me going was the thought that starting Monday, I had a brand new job to look forward to, as confirmed in a smokey hotel room the previous Friday. I know, it sounds sketchy, but far from it. I'm the new assistant to Rob Zifarelli at The Agency Group, a job which I didn't know I wanted until I was being interviewed for it. To get a job at an agency is a rare rare thing - in fact, in almost 8 years on being in the industry, I've know TWO people to become agents, and one didn't last longer than 6 months.

So the long of the short is that I'm happy as a clam, in a job that feels progressive and important and like my participation counts and is appreciated. Things with Leah have never been better, and aside from the asshole cat who keeps me up at night with her scratching at my carpet, things are hella swell. I'm going back to Edmonton next week for some reunion time with old friends, pints a'plenty and to shake shake shake it this way and that. Get ready, hometowners. I'm gonna rock you.

5 Comments:

Blogger frenchy said...

congrats on the new gig eli! that's super rad. and have a fabulous time in edmonton. xo.

March 14, 2007 10:18 PM  
Blogger Luisa said...

Yay for your job, Eli! I hope that Dave and I can see you while you are here.

xoLisa

March 15, 2007 8:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats man. TheAgencyGroup is HUGE!

Expect to hear from my new techno-gangster-pop-rap-a-cappella project. I call it G-UNICORN.

March 16, 2007 7:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PS I'm kidding.






















It's actually called Aberzombie and Snitch

March 16, 2007 7:44 AM  
Blogger sharky said...

we're going to take over the world.

March 19, 2007 1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home