Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Trouble breathing

The birth of techno has a place, and it is right here:


Detroit, 1982. The public debut of "Sharevari", by Number of Names.

I posted this because I was thinking about this song last weekend when I went to a real techno party for the first time in forever...now, please don't mistake what I'm saying. By 'techno', I mean techno. Hard, relentless, 150+ BPM, slamming, agressive, thrashy, acid-soaked techno, as delivered by one of the oldest and most respected DJs in the genre, Julian Liberator (yes, the same Liberator as Chris and Aaron). Not one drop of electro, ghettotech/booty, hip hop, mashups...which is all I seem to go out dancing to these days.



Unfortunately, going out only proved again that Torontonians only sometimes actually KNOW how to dance...oh well. I should stick to things requiring a whole lotta standing around. I recently picked up tix to SO many shows in the next few weeks...Do Make Say Think, Electrelane w/ The Blow (which is, perhaps, the best lineup in Toronto so far...stunning.), Dean & Britta (of Luna) and to cap it all off...more dancing, with JUSTICE, sebAstien & Busy P! I'm sooooo excited about that last one - I distinctly remember trucking around Brooklyn with Shout Out Out Out Out last November, desperately seeking the venue they were playing with Digitalism & Whitey...to no avail. We ALL HAD TICKETS, TOO!

Now it'll be go time. Those dudes (Justice, that is) are set to blow the fuck up in 2007.


One last thing before I go...


Zachary Rossman is amazing.

That is all.

Ciao, friends.

ps: please don't ask 'how the job hunt is going', because the answer is: it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home