Sunday, December 31, 2006

g'night sweetheart, it's time to go (ba-dum, ba-dum)

One last image of 2006. The year containing the biggest change of my life so far. Moving to Toronto was something I wouldn't have believed myself doing this time a year ago. the heaters in my 90-year old house have conked out. I'm wearing 2 pairs of socks, long underwear, three top layers, scarf and toque, under a blanket in front of the fireplace, where a firelog is burning blue.

This year has been a little crazy, but amazing and fun and sad and happy and thoughtful and daring at the same time. Allow me some sap for a sec. I spent 2006 relearning what it means to fall in love, to trust someone explicitly, and to take great leaps into the dark with that someone. Her name is Leah, and she rocks my world. Check her blog and show her some love.

It was her birthday a couple of days ago, and we drove to Montreal for it, which was nice... (and drunken and mischevious and still somewhat just a little bit disappointing, somehow.) but brief.


Whatever trouble you get up to tonight, let it be safe, controlled, yet complete recklessness.

MUCH Love.

2 Comments:

Blogger sharky said...

im glad you are happy eli . you rule.

January 03, 2007 12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah is a nice nice lady. You are a nice nice man. You two look good together. Looks are the most important part of it. <3.

January 04, 2007 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home