Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Suicide Blonde

I don't watch TV.

As in, I have one, but the only show I catch with any regularity is The Daily Show/Colbert Report...I make a point to avoid any learning about who's on American Idol or what's happening on Lost. When I heard INXS was going to be starring in their own reality show, I threw up a little in my mouth.

See, when I was a kid, I LOVED INXS. I have this distinct memory of being at choir practice, the night after they played in town...an older kid came in wearing a shirt from the show, and I was GREEN with envy. I asked him how the show was, and he said, "amazing. the opening band, The Soup Dragons, totally smoked a joint ON STAGE."

I remember asking him, "what's a joint?", and he replied, "it's like a cigarette, but with DRUGS in it!"

I was stunned. INXS, the only GOOD rock band I knew of, became GREAT at that instant. The INXS I speak of, is THIS INXS:


Enter Michael Hutchence's suicide by hanging, some post-mortem drama, a few years and the demise of one of the greatest bands of the 1980 and 1990s. Enter CBS. Enter Rock Star:INXS Enter...(shudder) JD Fortune.


What a complete and utter douchemachine. Last night, Leah & I had the...(NON)privelege of seeing INXS last night, for the first time ever. The problem: this Fortune kid.

Despite his COMPLETE lack of stage presence, his TOTALLY overdone stage dramatics, and fucking ridiculous banter, the band themselves were totally good. Their new songs eat some serious turd burgers, but The Farris Brothers were amazing.

but this FUCKING FORTUNE KID RUINED THE WHOLE SHOW. I was pissed! I had good seats, and had been stoked for weeks, but this kid's ego completely overshadowed what this band was trying to do: stay alive. It got SO bad, we left the show 45 minutes in. I couldn't take another second of it.

The REAL kick in the junk came when we were leaving, already disgusted. We stopped by the merch booths and were appalled to discover that while INXS shirts were the usual $30, JDF had HIS OWN SHIRTS, for $40!!!

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Fuck that little brat.


While I'm stewing over this, check these:

A paintbrush that captures texture and video? What the fuck.

Funny Funny Funny. Sad cuz it's true.

peace, and take my advice: avoid the new INXS.

4 Comments:

Blogger michelle. said...

his tattoos really should have clued everyone in to what a tool he is...

"human being"

i die a little inside everytime i see his photo...

June 01, 2006 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He may be a complete assclown, but JD Fortune can be my douchmachine anytime he wants. Say what you want, but the guy is hot.

June 01, 2006 3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how you say you are an INXS fan from years ago and then cannot be happy with their selection of a new frontman so they can continue to be a band and be happy once again. Obviously, from all the interviews and if you had taken the time to watch the band interaction on stage with JD Fortune, you would have seen that he is a part of their family now, not just a money-maker for them. Oh well, as each of your original INXS band members have said in interviews, they can't please everyone, they can only do what their heart tells them to do and feels right. Obviously, JD Fortune felt right to them so the least you could do is respect that if you are such a fan of the "original" band. And if you wonder why the INXS marketing team has JD's t-shirts at a higher price it's because he is the draw now that links and brings INXS back to the public. If you think he gets any more money from the sales than the other 5 do, I guess you don't know that it is an even split of all profits between the SIX members of INXS. And your closing comment "fuck the little brat" - wow, how mature are you?????

June 04, 2006 1:42 AM  
Blogger Eli said...

dear defender:

JD? Is that you?

kisses,

Eli.

June 05, 2006 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home