Friday, May 05, 2006

ouch.

I'm typing awkwardly and gingerly. My right hand and elbow are wrapped in gauze; they both got friendly with some neighborhood gravel last night, the drunk bastards. Seems I was riding the longboard home, and got the idea that I could outrun this van on my board, and when he came too close, I swung into the shoulder, into a pile of sand.

wham bam boom.

fastforward 8 hours. I'm at the doctor's office, just having had gravel scraped out of an open wound on my hand with a RAZOR BLADE, and about to get a tetanus shot and for SOME fucking reason, I bring up the whole Russian Torture thing. I must have been delusional from too many Advils, or too much endorphins. The doc, totally wide-eyed and kinda weirded out about my rant, opens her mouth to comment on how young boys are beaten into submission, and I think to myself,

Yes, you're still kinda afraid of doctors. Run for your life.

I bolt from the room, grab Leah and we ditch.

---
Now it's night, and I'm somewhat numbed on Tylenol and Lucky, an excellent combo for curing minor pain, and I've stumbled across this, where I find THESE:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Impressive, huh? Now THAT's pain.
I'm more and more impressed by the lengths I see people going to to modify their bodies. Don't get me wrong - I got mad respect for body art, but whoah; sometimes, I just gotta say whoah.


but I digress.

my cellphone also met its' bitter end last night, as it was in my front pocket when it became the middle of a road-and-thigh sandwich. I have a new one now
it's got some kinda wacked out inset keyboard thingy for speed-texting. great.



meanwhile...




Aw, I don't mean to bum you out.
here, listen to this. It'll make you feel better.

Weekend, friends. Weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kiddo - since you've updated your blog, i had/have something to read/do tonight while i partake in my cherry beer.
the graphix on the beatsinspace site are pretty much the flyest, cutest little things evs.
heal fast. l8r sk8r

May 05, 2006 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home