Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Eulogy

Kitski Klein-Barnes-MacKay
November 1993 - April 17, 2006




The dog I spent most of my teenage years with died yesterday. She woke up yesterday after losing 10 pounds in 10 days. She hadn't eaten in a week, and was unable to stand. The vet said a tumor was growing inside of her, and she was likely in a lot of pain. My parents made the call, and let me know last night. She was VERY old for her breed - she was a Samoyed/Wolf Shepard cross, neither of which live beyond 8 or 9 years - Kitski was 12, and lived a full, fun and energetic life. My stepdad was the closest to her, walking her almost every single night for those 12 years, but I had a special closeness to her, after teaching her many tricks, including hi-5s with all 4 paws, and a patience game where I'd balance a cookie on her nose, and she'd wait for me to say it was ok to drop it and eat it.

She was a good dog. I'll miss her. She's being cremated, and my parents and I are going to Cougar Creek in Canmore, where the above photo was taken, to spread her ashes. I'm bummed out by this all, but I knew it was coming. Atleast there is no more pain.

1 Comments:

Blogger frenchy said...

oh kitski! i remember her. i'm sorry eli.

poky (remember my cat?) died 2 summers ago and it was very similar. she was old but it was still very out of the blue and she just stopped eating and got really sick really fast and one day, that was it. we cremated her and buried her in the backyard of my parents house. losing pets is hard.

xo to you.

April 19, 2006 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home