Sunday, February 19, 2006

strangers in the night

I have no TV. I should say, the TV I have is for movies and games. No "tv" comes to it, so when a show gets popular, or even exists, I'm the last to know. or care.

but tonight, as I was coming home from work at 3AM I passed a billboard that caught my eye.

it was this guy:



Jason Lee, playing a guy named Earl...in a TV show wittily titled, "My Name is Earl".

The funny/strange thing is this: my DAD's name was Earl and he looked EXACTLY like Jason Lee does, in this role. It's fucked.

This AND DJ Hype's MC last night was named MC Big Daddy Earl. [That was the awesome, by the way...cheers to all involved.]

but the point remains. how are us dead dad club members supposed to keep a low profile when shit like this happens? sigh.



I leave tomorrow for my trip east (then west). Well, Monday, but since it's almost 4AM on Saturday night, I say tomorrow. I'm excited. I can't wait to see my sister, and The Lost Boys. it's been too long, friends. Too long. See you soon.

(This hug stretches coast-to-coast.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AW SHMEELI......

February 19, 2006 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey punk. so are you gonna visit me in vancity then or what? email me back!
and by the way, have fun out west.

February 19, 2006 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home