Tuesday, July 11, 2006

cat, minus bag.

Your patience has paid off. Here I am with the news you've been waiting for. Drum roll, please.



I'm moving to Toronto.
With Leah.
I've been offered, and have accepted a job at Six Shooter Records & Management. I'll be working mainly in the latter 1/2 of that equation. They also run a store, above which is the office in which I'll work:



The motto of the company is, "Life is too short to listen to shitty music". I couldn't agree more. Their management roster includes The Weakerthans, Shout Out Out Out Out and Whitey Houston. I'll be working among some of the most respected musicians and music professionals in Canada. I'm thrilled.

In fact, I'm beyond thrilled. I'm ready for this. I should say, I need this. I miss my sister; she lives in Montreal, which puts me miles closer to her. I have a cousin in Toronto who works in the same biz, who I'm super stoked to spend more time with. Keith and Richard, pictured here with me in full thug/drunk mode, also live there and are just as excited for us to come out as we are to be there. It feels...right.

What does this mean for my time left here in Edmonton? I want to see you all, friends. I want to drink and enjoy myself, and your company. Vancouver peeps (yes, especially you, Marie)...fear not. The plan is to come west one last time for a visit in September (Lavender Lodge, get ready. I need to get some beach time in, stat.) before I sail off into the deep blue yonder.

I'll miss you all terribly, I know that.

Details to follow as they emerge. Know this: there will be a party. Oh yes, a party like you've never seen, like I've never thrown. It's going to be an egocentric bash to have a last hurrah, a few great hugs, and a slice of retrospect. I'm looking forward to it.

4 Comments:

Blogger miss vanilli said...

Aw yeah. Eli, congratulations on your new job! You definitely deserve the awesomeness that will ensue. I'll miss you and your energy - I guess the rest of us will just have to step it up and try to fill in for ya... Best of luck in Toronto - show them how it's done. I'll visit!

July 11, 2006 1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad this is out so we can get on with the fun and celebrating and one-last-hurrahing. i am so excited for both of you, but SAD to lose you to another city. girlfriend stealer. ;)
i'm pretty confident that this will be so amazing for both of individually AND as a couple.
i'm also pretty sure you two better get a place with room for me to crash when i visit. HEART.
oh how exciting.

July 11, 2006 9:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats, man. It's good to see someone pursue their passion and have it continually pay off. Have fun.

July 18, 2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger frenchy said...

so totally, congratulations eli! that is excellent job and i can't think of a job you'd be better equipped for. and yay for taking big and exciting steps in your relationship! moving with someone to a new city can be scary as hell, but also really rewarding. so yay for you both. xo.

ps - and yes, i did appreciate the name drop. if you guys need a place to crash when you come visit, let me know.

July 19, 2006 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home