Thursday, July 06, 2006

dashbizzle, futrizzlistic.

I have a headache. I have a sore back. I have a letter I can't send. I have desire, it falters and falls down, it calls you up drunk at three or four a.m. to wonder when...wonderful. All the cheap tricks I tried too hard not to pull. Pulled along or pulled apart. The diagnosis of a foreign frame of heart.
-jks


It's 10:30 PM. I've been at work since 6:45 AM. Where? Why?


Rexall Place, working for Dashboard Confessional. Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to bitch about him; he was nothing but nice to me all day. In fact, when I went in to drop something off in the band's dressing room, he said, "hey, nice shirt." I'm wearing this one.

the point is that being on one's toes, off them, on again, off again...is fucking tiring. here it is, 10:30 at night, and I'm foolishly drinking coffee, just to get to the end of my shift. It means I'll be up till 3 AM again, and that Leah will probably fall asleep beside me, and I'll lie there and think about the future, about the life I'm living, about the life I'm leaving.

Sigh. Look at me. Emo bullshit, backstage at a dashboard show. Aren't I too old for this?

Soooo tiiiiiiired.
---------------------------

Fast forward. It's July 9th suddenly, and I forgot that I started this blog. I've decided to post it anyways. The night described above ended well, I was leaving and saying goodbye to the crew and band, and I said ciao to Chris Carrabba, and he said, "later, peanut butter." Context? ok.

I was backstage and the bassist asked me if I had been in the old punk band Punchbuggy...I was hella impressed that A) he even knew who they were, and B) that he thought I was old enough to actually have that be possible. I said no, I wasn't, but that I had been a fan at one time or another, and in fact often wore a Punchbuggy shirt that had a "PB" emblazoned on the front, made to look like a British Petroleum logo...long story short, it resulted in this group of girls from my high school that all called me 'Peanut Butter'. Now, note that this was a conversation I was having with the bassist, as Carrabba was eating food and chatting w/another bandmate. I was so impressed that not only was he keeping one ear on what else was going on, but that he made a note of it, and whipped it out when I least expected it. Nice guy, crappy music. Sorry, brah.

My week went by quickly, so did the weekend. I went to see an old friend DJ on Friday, and went to say ciao to a friend leaving for the summer at a house party after that...Saturday I went to see The Kabuki Guns Burlesque troupe, and then went dancing at The Roost...we went with friends who were celebrating their second anniversary. I kept joking, "what does a straight couple do to celebrate their love? They go to the gay bar. hey, it's the 90's!"

Anyways, you don't need a play-by-play of my life. I'll sum it up for you - I'm happy. With everything; the girlfriend, my friends, where I'm headed, where I'm at now. This time last year was the pits, my relationships crumbling and jobs collapsing. It's much much much better now. I'm in love. I'm enjoying life.

Beam beam beam.
Stay tuned for breaking news.

1 Comments:

Blogger frenchy said...

so i'm still anxiously waiting for this big news. is something actually coming or do you just enjoy keeping your readers in a constant state of baited breath and anxiousness?

enquiring minds want to know.
but hey, in the meanwhile, glad things are so good. xo.

July 09, 2006 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home